AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Every Worker Deserves a Union: In the States Roundup -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Secretary-Treasurer Fred Redmond Rallies Union Members at Canvass Kickoff in Las Vegas -
- The Inflation Reduction Act Is a Victory for Working People -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: CHIPS Act Includes Critical ‘Worker Voice’ Provisions -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Late Night Comedian Jimmy Fallon Meets UAW Members at Ford Electric Vehicle Plant -