AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
We're Not Slowing Down: The Labor Movement Must Keep Up The Fight For Voting Rights11 Feb, 2022
It was deeply disappointing that just days after our nation paid homage to the great civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The Badass 50: #21 Liz Schuler12 Jan, 2022
"We are building pathways and support structures to grow a bold, inclusive, and transformative movement — I think that's pretty badass," says Shuler, the first woman elected president of the AFL-CIO in the labor federa
In The News
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Every Worker Deserves a Union: In the States Roundup -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Secretary-Treasurer Fred Redmond Rallies Union Members at Canvass Kickoff in Las Vegas -
- The Inflation Reduction Act Is a Victory for Working People -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: CHIPS Act Includes Critical ‘Worker Voice’ Provisions -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Late Night Comedian Jimmy Fallon Meets UAW Members at Ford Electric Vehicle Plant -
- Fulfilling Our Promise to Veterans: The Working People Weekly List -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Unions Power America Sweepstakes Launching Aug. 10, With $50,000 Grand Prize -
- Economy Gains 528,000 Jobs in July; Unemployment Down to 3.5% -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: University of Michigan’s Library and Museum Workers Organize Union With AFT -
- Pass the Inflation Reduction Act: What Working People Are Doing This Week -