The Southern Piedmont Central Labor Council is seeking an intern for the Fall 2022 semester!
We are a labor federation (affiliated AFL-CIO) based in Charlotte, NC made up of 41 local unions representing federal workers, construction trades, manufacturing and aerospace workers, service workers, entertainment workers and many more! Our goals are to advocate for, educate and organize workers in the Charlotte area! If you are interested in learning more about the labor movement and helping build worker power, apply to come work with us!
- Application period: July 15th - August 30th
- Wage: $17.00/hr
- Employment Period: September 15, 2022 - November 15, 2022
Depending on current projects and your own skillset, you may find yourself:
- Recruiting labor activists
- Writing articles
- Drafting publications and website content
- Doing online research
- Developing social media content Performing various administrative tasks as needed
- Helping build member-driven committees to inform and engage workers
- Engaging with union members and unrepresented workers on important issues around racial justice, economics and political power
There will be opportunities to learn:
- Organizing specific CRM
- Action Network and Action Builder websites
Qualified applicants will:
- Be enrolled in a technical or community college, undergraduate or postsecondary program
- Have dependable Internet access
- Have a way to get around town, and
- Be able to work up to 10 hours a week out of our office near the Charlotte Douglas Airport. Very likely some work would be remote as well
- Be willing to sign an employment contract
Well qualified applicants will be familiar with Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Canva, and/or Adobe Creative Cloud. Political campaign experience is a plus.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com